Attention: The filing deadline has passed. If you need to file a claim please contact the claims administrator.
CLAIM FORM - PROOF OF CLAIM AND RELEASE FORM
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A SHARE OF THE NET SETTLEMENT FUND IN CONNECTION WITH THE SETTLEMENT OF THIS ACTION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AND SIGN THIS PROOF OF CLAIM AND RELEASE FORM (“CLAIM FORM”) AND SUBMIT IT NO LATER THAN JANUARY 21, 2017 AT 11:59 PM MST.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT YOUR CLAIM FORM AND THE REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION BY THE DATE SPECIFIED WILL SUBJECT YOUR CLAIM TO REJECTION AND MAY PRECLUDE YOU FROM BEING ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY MONEY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SETTLEMENT.
- Capitalized terms not defined in this Claim Form have the meanings ascribed to them in the Notice of Pendency of Class Action, Certification of Settlement Class, Proposed Settlement, and Settlement Fairness Hearing (“Notice”) that accompanies this Claim Form, and the Stipulation and Agreement of Settlement, dated July 18, 2016 (“Stipulation”).
- It is important that you completely read and understand the Notice. The Notice describes the proposed Settlement of the above-captioned action (“Action”), how Settlement Class Members are affected by the Settlement, and the manner in which the Net Settlement Fund will be distributed if the Settlement and Plan of Allocation are approved by the Court. By signing and submitting this Claim Form, you will be certifying that you have read and understand the Notice, including the terms of the releases described therein and provided for herein.
- To be potentially eligible to recover from the Net Settlement Fund in The City of Los Angeles, et al. v. Bankrate, Inc., et al., Case No. 9:14-cv-81323-DMM (S.D. Fla.), you must complete and, on the bottom of this page, sign this Claim Form, and submit your Claim Form to the Claims Administrator as instructed below. If you fail to submit a properly completed and addressed Claim Form by the date specified below, your claim may be rejected and you may be precluded from receiving any recovery from the Net Settlement Fund created in connection with the Settlement of the Action.
- Submission of this Claim Form, however, does not ensure that you will share in the Net Settlement Fund. The distribution of the Net Settlement Fund will be governed by the Plan of Allocation set forth in the Notice, if it is approved by the Court, or by such other plan of allocation as the Court approves.
- YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED AND SIGNED CLAIM FORM SO THAT IT IS RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM MST ON JANUARY 21, 2017.
- To be considered timely, your Claim Form must be received by the deadline above. Unless you mail in your Claim Form and it is submitted with a postmark, it will be deemed to have been submitted when actually received by the Claims Administrator.
- Use the Schedule of Transactions in Part II of this Claim Form to supply all required details of your transaction(s) (including free transfers and deliveries) in and holdings of Bankrate, Inc. (“Bankrate”) common stock. On this schedule, please provide all of the requested information with respect to your holdings, purchases, acquisitions, and sales of Bankrate common stock, regardless of whether such transactions resulted in a profit or a loss. Failure to report all transaction and holding information during the requested time period may result in the rejection of your claim.
- You must upload supporting documentation for the transactions reported in this Claim Form, such as broker confirmation slips, broker account statements, an authorized statement from your broker reporting information about your transactions, or other similar documents. The Parties and the Claims Administrator do not independently have information about your investments in Bankrate common stock. If such documents are not in your possession, please obtain copies or equivalent documents from your broker. Failure to supply this documentation may result in the rejection of your claim. Please keep a copy of all documents that you send to the Claims Administrator. Also, please do not highlight any portion of the supporting documents.
- Separate Claim Forms should be submitted for each separate legal entity (e.g., a claim from joint owners should not include the transactions of just one of the joint owners, and an individual should not combine his or her IRA transactions with transactions made solely in the individual’s name). Conversely, a single Claim Form should be submitted on behalf of one legal entity that includes all transactions made by that entity, no matter how many separate accounts that entity has (e.g., a corporation with multiple brokerage accounts should include all transactions made in all accounts on one Claim Form).
- All joint beneficial owners must each sign this Claim Form and their names must appear in Part I of this Claim Form. If you purchased or otherwise acquired Bankrate common stock during the Settlement Class Period and held the stock in your name, you are the beneficial owner as well as the record owner and you must sign this Claim Form to participate in the Settlement. If you purchased or otherwise acquired Bankrate common stock during the Settlement Class Period for your own benefit, but the stock was registered in the name of a third party, such as a nominee or brokerage firm, you are still the beneficial owner of these shares, but the third party is the record owner. The beneficial owner, not the record owner, must sign this Claim Form to be eligible to participate in the Settlement.
- Agents, executors, administrators, guardians, and trustees must complete and sign the Claim Form on behalf of persons and entities represented by them, and they must:
- expressly state the capacity in which they are acting;
- identify the name, account number, Social Security Number (or taxpayer identification number), address and telephone number of the beneficial owner of (or other person or entity on whose behalf they are acting with respect to) the Bankrate common stock; and
- furnish evidence of their authority to bind to the Claim Form the person or entity on whose behalf they are acting. (Authority to complete and sign a Claim Form cannot be established by stockbrokers demonstrating only that they have discretionary authority to trade securities in another person/entity’s accounts.)
- By submitting this Claim Form, you will be making a request to share in the proceeds of the Settlement described in the Notice. If you are NOT a Settlement Class Member (as defined in the Notice), or are excluded by the definition of the Settlement Class, or if you, or someone acting on your behalf, submitted a request for exclusion from the Settlement Class in accordance with the instructions set forth in the Notice, DO NOT submit a Claim Form. You may not, directly or indirectly, participate in the Settlement if you are not a Settlement Class Member. Thus, if you are excluded from the Settlement Class, any Claim Form that you submit, or that may be submitted on your behalf, will not be accepted.
- If you are a Settlement Class Member, and you do not request exclusion from the Settlement Class pursuant to the instructions set forth in the Notice, you will be bound by the terms of the Settlement and any orders or judgments entered in this Action, WHETHER OR NOT YOU SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM OR RECEIVE A PAYMENT.
- NOTICE REGARDING ELECTRONIC FILES: Certain claimants with large numbers of transactions may request, or may be requested, to submit information regarding their transactions in electronic files. To obtain the mandatory electronic filing requirements and file layout, you may email the Claims Administrator's electronic filing department at Securities@ClassActionAdmin.com. Any file not submitted in accordance with the required electronic filing format will be subject to rejection. No electronic files will be considered to have been properly submitted unless the Claims Administrator issues an email after processing your file with your claim number(s) and respective account information. Do not assume that your file has been received or processed until you receive this email. If you do not receive such an email within 10 days of your submission, you should contact the electronic filing department at Securities@ClassActionAdmin.com to inquire about your file and confirm it was received and acceptable.
- If you have questions concerning the Claim Form, or need additional copies of the Claim Form or the Notice, you may contact the Claims Administrator on the Contact Us page of this website. You may also download the documents from the Key Dates/Docs page. PLEASE NOTE: YOUR CLAIM IS NOT DEEMED SUBMITTED UNTIL YOU RECEIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT POSTCARD. THE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR WILL ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR CLAIM FORM BY MAIL, WITHIN 60 DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT POSTCARD WITHIN 60 DAYS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR.